Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Friday 4 September 2015

OF MICE AND MEN (Part 5)

Here's the concluding episode of the serial, THREE BLIND MICE, written in the Noir style.

If you've missed the four preceding episodes, just scroll down.

There's been a bloodbath at the bank. A bank-guard is dead.
Bank-robbers, Leroy and Vin have been killed. Driver, Wes has made a getaway in the Oldsmobile. 
But he's wounded.






10. THE PRIEST

I get there. There’s three guys deceased.
I do my duty as a priest.

These rituals I know by heart.
They matter: help eternal souls
of good and less-good men depart,
whether through age or bullet holes.

But killings leave me vexed, perplexed.
They'll call the undertaker next.





11. THE CONCERNED CITIZEN

He wrecked the auto, then took off
on foot. I watched, I told the cops:

He’s injured, bleeding through his coat.
He’s only gone ten minutes tops.

Short guy, with battered pork-pie hat;
his face was scarred: I told them that.

Two chased him. One cop took a note
of what I said: it’s good enough

to get the bozo apprehended.
That’s where my involvement ended.






















12. WAITING FOR WES

I had this crazy dream one time:
there’s blind mice running in a maze
of endless winding passageways
whose walls weep blood and ooze with slime.
I want to save them but I can’t.
I sure think that’s significant.

Wes told me, meet him here at four.
I was on time, he didn’t show.
He’s never made me wait before.
Like Peter at the third cock-crow,
I feel cold fingers seize my heart
and slowly rip its flesh apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment