Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Thursday 25 September 2014

PS ..

I’ve just finished reading An Officer and a Spy by Robert Harris, an enthralling and well-researched tale based on the nineteenth-century Dreyfus case and am now about to begin reading the first of the six novels short-listed for this year’s Man Booker Prize. 

Meanwhile, my wife Jane is reading aloud to me from Nina Stibbe’s hilarious first novel Man at the HelmI seldom laugh aloud at books but, when we encountered the scene in Fenwick’s, I laughed till I cried. 

With a background in education, Jane reads wonderfully well, and Man at the Helm is deliciously funny. If you haven't stumbled across it already or are in need of the tonic of laughter, I suggest you buy it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment