Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Friday 3 August 2018

MOONDANCE

It's said that Guernsey's absence of light pollution makes us more aware of our place in the universe.
Irrespective of whether this is true or not, we certainly enjoy wonderful views of the heavens when night falls.  












THE MOON

Her book lies open while she sleeps.
I smile and slip a bookmark in
then set it where books rest in heaps,
arrange the duvet round her chin,
switch off the bedside light and then
go back next door, pick up my pen.

I should sit down to write or do
all those small, necessary things
day’s end throws up, start to review
the challenge that tomorrow brings,
instead, I step outside, commune
with night’s sweet strangeness and the moon.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely, gentle way to end a day, I really enjoyed this poem Richard.

    ReplyDelete