Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Saturday 13 January 2018

WRITER'S STOCK

Like my previous two posts, this rhyming poem is taken from the stock of lost verses that I recently rediscovered.

























SUNRISE

The unmarked page is like a beach
that a writer walks at first light,
finding no footprints there.

I picture you at sunrise, each
slim page a small bird taking flight,
rising in soundless air.

Waking, I find a path inshore,
at dawn, where nothing man-made mars
clear, endless emptiness,

then, moving forward, set my score
of verses down: poems like soft-maned stars
in lightning harnesses.

In silent endlessness we meet,
wings skimming over fields of words
in a white country, fair,

and, like familiars, greet
each other easily, as do birds,
for it is peaceful there. 


6 comments:

  1. Like 'soft-maned stars' very much. I like the idea of finding an old bunch of poems, a proper word hoard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't describe them as buried treasure because there was so much dross but, here and there, maybe a little sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this Richard and the great image too Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, T. I too love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Richard, I certainly like this piece of writing, I can't explain why but it evokes of feeling of peacefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Julian. As always, great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete