Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Saturday 22 April 2023

WASTE NOT ...

We're big on recycling here in Guernsey. 

I gathered up a handful of words that I found lying about and, with them, built this sonnet.




The high point of the week for one retired

must surely be, oh joy, recycling day:

I wake and, from that moment, feel inspired

to gather sundry plastics and convey

them in a plastic bag out to the gate

along with empty bottles, ah, the shame

for, truth to tell, their quantity is great:

just jam-jars, to my neighbours, I explain.

When all is gathered in and taken out

I feel somewhat deflated and adrift

then, frantically, I start to look about

for fresh recyclables that I might shift.

Recycling is addictive as cocaine.

This time next week Ill do it all again.



For verse of a different kind, why not visit: https://www.facebook.com/richard.fleming.92102564/

  

No comments:

Post a Comment