Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Saturday 1 April 2023

MASTER OR SERVANT?

With this short poem I'm returning to the topical issue of AI and our growing anxieties about its impact on our lives. 

The Flash Fiction story, My Robot, which you'll find on my blog (9/9/2020) touches on the same concerns. 

This is the link: http://redhandwriter.blogspot.com/2020/09/











THE SERVANT

Companion, constant presence in my life,

my guardian, trusty servant, I rely

on you the way a savage does his knife

and with my every order you comply.

When not required, on standby, you remain

impassive in the corner of my room

like furniture, prosaic and mundane,

then, on command, you waken and resume

your daily tasks but sometimes I detect

a certain stubbornness akin to pique,

an attitude of sneering disrespect,

antagonism when you should be meek.

Some subtle change is happening I fear.

This time next year, will I be master here?



For verse of a different kind, why not visit: https://www.facebook.com/richard.fleming.92102564/



No comments:

Post a Comment