Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Saturday 10 June 2023

ALL CHANGE

This one's autobiographical but it all happened so long ago that I suspect that the other participants may well be pushing up the daisies by now. 













TEENAGERS


That rotten night, the party in full swing,

a teenage girl, with whom I was in love

or thought I was, whod kept me on a string,

discarded me as though I were a glove 

and danced with my best friend. I felt a fool,

humiliated to be cast aside

so publicly, for she was cold and cruel

as only teenagers can be. My pride

took such a hammering, I almost wept,

but loves skin-deep so, when the music played

a new girl asked me for a dance, I leapt,

and, having danced for half an hour, she stayed

then, three weeks later, I moved on from her:

its no holds barred when youre a teenager.


For verse of a different kind, why not visit: https://www.facebook.com/richard.fleming.92102564/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment