Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Saturday 27 May 2023

RAINED OFF

Ah, those teenage years: what glorious Hell they were!













RAIN


I sometimes think of that day in the rain

we walked out unprepared for the downpour

yet when it came you viewed it with disdain:

you thought inclement weather was a bore.

We sheltered under trees and huddled close,

two teenagers, both still at school, so young.

You, full of life, in love, and I morose

and gloomy, powerless to hold my tongue.

My mood infected your mood that last day

and it grew cold as you heard me complain

about some lad youd met and my dismay

that you had planned on seeing him again.

That moment, looking back, defined us then  

and afterwards we never met again.


For verse of a different kind, why not visit: https://www.facebook.com/richard.fleming.92102564/


No comments:

Post a Comment