Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Monday 18 October 2021

BEWITCHED, BOTHERED AND BEWILDERED

Bewildering Stories is an international webzine that publishes unusual, often bizarre, tales in the form of flash fiction, serials, short stories, reviews and much, much more. It’s a fascinating site and well worth a visit. It also publishes the occasional poem. My poem Red Umbrella appeared in Issue 856.





















RED UMBRELLA 

It rained. 
You held a red umbrella high,
leaned into me and whispered, 
Sod the rain.
I realised that something had begun
that was unstoppable. 

Time’s devoured 
a lifetime of embraces since that day.
Now pain spreads like a red umbrella
as you lean into me. 
The pillow, like an angel’s wing,
kisses my bloodless lips.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment