Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Saturday 18 April 2020

SECOND SKIN

Memento Mori is an old poem that first appeared in my 2017 collection, Stone Witness
It was one of two poems that I submitted last month to Snakeskin, the highly respected international poetry webzine that published one of my short poems, His Room, in its March edition.
To my surprise and pleasure Memento Mori has been chosen to appear in Snakeskin’s April issue which you can access by clicking on this link
















MEMENTO MORI

An ambulance howls like a hurt cat;
parts traffic as Moses did the waves.

Worms burrow in awaiting graves.
A police car buzzes like a gnat.

Stuck in a jam of steaming cars,
I contemplate how life transforms
in moments. How they wait, those worms,
so patiently, for us, for ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment