Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Tuesday 6 September 2016

DAN'S THE MAN

Earlier this year the Just Write community, in association with Writing Magazine and John Murray Press, scoured the country to find undiscovered short story talent.
They whittled down hundreds of submissions to six shortlisted entries, one of which was a story entitled Reconstructing Amber, by Dan Purdue, a friend whose excellent work I have previously featured here.



I wrote my very first Flash Fiction story under Dan’s patient tutelage so, clearly, I’m biased, but having read all six, I believe that Reconstructing Amber is the best.

You'll find all six short stories by clicking here:-http://www.tyjustwrite.com/wp-content/uploads/Just-Write-comp-booklet-lres.pdf

Dan's entry begins at Page 67.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Richard, many thanks for the mention! I've only read the anthology recently, as plenty of real life managed to get in the way after the prize-giving evening where the printed copies were handed out. Although I couldn't possibly comment on your assessment of the stories I will say that I really enjoyed reading them all and it was good to see the range of styles and subjects covered by the six of us. It's reassuring to find the judges didn't seem to favour a particular 'type' or story, which has hopefully produced an anthology with something for everyone.

    I hope all's well with you. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete