Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Monday 14 February 2022

LOST AND FOUND

Here’s a romantic poem for St Valentine’s Day, dedicated to my wife and fellow writer, Jane.













FOUND POEM


I wrote something for you: a poem 

or maybe it was simply words

that you might choose to call a poem,

then lodged it, folded, in a book 

but you have half-a-thousand books,

so years may pass before it drifts,

ghostly, like a pale pressed flower, 

into your lap. 


Then you, while seeking Larkin’s Toads

or some nostalgic Betjeman,

will find instead

my soul’s elusive fingerprint, 

the true embodiment of love

or maybe 

simply words

that you might choose to call a poem.



You’ll find examples of my less serious verse on my Facebook page:- https://www.facebook.com/richard.fleming.92102564/


No comments:

Post a Comment