Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Wednesday 30 June 2021

A FOOL'S GAME

I tend to post my more serious verse and fiction here on Bard at Bay and steer my more lighthearted material towards my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/richard.fleming.92102564). Now and then, however, I feel there’s room on BaB for a spot of levity, hence Romance? No Chance! featured below.
























ROMANCE? NO CHANCE!


Most great romances end in tears.  

Dead Romeo and Juliet

is an example. Tristan too,

his love for Isolde a bet

he lost. So, sadly, it appears

that too much love’s not good for you

and as for all that love-song crap,

it only lures you to a trap.


Best stick to books if you want love:          

romantic novels don’t cause pain: 

a tear or two, perhaps, but soon                 

you can forget and start again.

It’s best to give that stuff the shove.

Who needs the stars? Who wants the moon?

Be a romantic if you must.

Not me, I’ll opt for simple lust.


No comments:

Post a Comment