Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Thursday 21 May 2015

APRIL COME SHE MAY

Time to present the May review of the three most popular posts from the month of April. 
All three featured in a sequence of vignettes that I published on the theme of noir and were as follows:-
Joey, the one about the deluded gambler, then The Fix, about Danny the young contender with a hard choice to make, and finally, The Private Eye, the poem that launched "Noir Week".
The Private Eye and is reprinted below.



THE PRIVATE EYE

I’m drinking whiskey for a cure:
hangover pounding in my head.
She sways in, high-heels, lipstick red.
Dames equals trouble, that’s for sure.

She says she wants her husband found
but pretty soon she’s found my lips.
She pants, she pouts, her grinding hips
revitalize this old bloodhound.

I never find the guy, instead
that sweet dame takes me for a sap.
I end up on a murder rap.
Dames equals trouble, like I said.



PS. The tag-line on this post is another play on a song title, a popular track from 1966. 
Click here to listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYD-DIggB2k



No comments:

Post a Comment