Bordeaux Bay

Bordeaux Bay
Bordeaux Bay by Guernsey-based artist Tony Taylor

Thursday 13 November 2014

PAGE TURNER

Every writer knows that no matter how much he or she might work at crafting a poem, it is incomplete until it finds a reader. Then, and only then, an extra dimension is added through the reader’s imagination and this will vary from reader to reader because each of us brings our own unique interpretation to what we read or see.

This applies, even more so, to abstract art. Here, for example, are three images that intrigue me. What am I seeing? How do I interpret them?









These are, in fact, close-up photographs of the hulls of fishing-boats moored around Bordeaux Bay, taken by my wife, Jane, earlier today but as examples of 'found art' I think they work amazingly well.

Could Mr Turner have produced better?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Turner_%28film%29
 








2 comments:

  1. I was amazed by these, John. The top one actually brings to mind a Monet rather than a Turner. It's heartening to know that there's colour to be found, if you have an eye for it, in these dreary, grey days.

    ReplyDelete